navigation Browse Blog

koopman rare art

 
 
Omar Ramsden (1873 - 1939) A George V Circular Salver

Silver                                                                                                                          
London, 1933                                                                                                                  
Maker’s mark of Omar Ramsden

Diameter: 81.1cm, 15in                                                                                                
Weight: 2,180g, 70oz 1dwt

Bearing the coat-of-arms of D’Arcy and Order of the Knighthood of the British Empire.

Silversmith Biography

Omar Ramsden and Alwyn Charles Ellison Carr (1872-1940) are first recorded in London at Stamford Bridge Studios, Fulham Road SW. They moved to Albert Studios, Albert Bridge Road, SW and the to St. Dunstan's studios, Seymour Place, Fulham Road, SW, where they are seperately listed in 1913 as artists. Following the dissolution of their partnership in December, 1918, Ramsden is recorded at his business addresses, 38 Maxwell Road, Fulham, SW, and St. Dunstan's Studio, Seymour Place, SW, and at his private address. 2B Melbury Road, W14, while Carr is recorded at his business and private address, St. Dunstan's Studios, 2B Melbury Road, Kensington W14.

Description

The salver with a fabulous geometric wavy-design border. The underside engraved ‘From Wing Commander D’Arcy Power M.C. To Sir D’Arcy Power K.B.E., F.R.C.S November 11th 1935

A George V Circular Salver (1873 - 1939) Reference: DT20.53.2