Maker’s Mark of Bolin
Height 28 in. 71 cm
Each signed L. Moreau, below the smaller cut-glass dish.
Marked on base rims.
The House of Bolin (also known as W.A. Bolin) was one of the most prestigious firms in Russia. Jewellers to the Imperial Court, they were established in St Petersburg since 1790. The firm was competing with Boucheron and Fabergé in supplying the Royal Household with presentational pieces of silver and jewelleryDescription
The centrepieces are in the Art Nouveau style, with circular green onyx bases, foliate vase-shaped stems supporting the larger cut-glass dish. Both dishes with removable tops with openwork foliage enclosing a putto.
You may also like
Reynier Brandt (1702 - 1788) A Large Dutch Basket
( - ) An Imposing Austrian Jardiniere Centrepiece
( - ) An American Centrepiece
( - ) A 19th Century Gold, Enamel & Agate Dish
Georg Jensen (1866 - Copenhagen 1935) A Danish 20th Century Flatware Service in the Bernadotte Pattern
( - ) An Early 18th Century Dutch Octagonal Brandy Bowl