A Bronze and Ormolu Candelabrum
With central fluted waxpan and nozzle and three foliate-capped scrolling branches with dolphin terminals supporting conforming waxpans and nozzles. The shaft with Bacchic masks and feet on acanthus-capped lion's-paw feet separated by masks, the base engraved with a coat-of-arms and twice with a crest.
The arms are those of Hervey impaling Cressy quartering Primrose, for the Hon. William Hervey (d.1863) of Broadwell (Bradwell) Grove, co. Oxford, and of Bodvell, co. Caernarfon, son of Lord Hervey and his wife Lady Dorothea Arabella (1779-1825), daughter of Neil, 3rd Earl of Rosebery (1728-1814), who he married in 1801.
The Hon. William Hervey (d.1863) and his wife Lady Dorothea Arabella (1779-1825) of Broadwell (Bradwell) Grove, Oxford and Bodvell, Caernarfon.
Possibly acquired with the House and contents of Broadwell Grove by Colonel Heyworth-Savage (d. 1948).
Possibly the 'gilt bronze candelabra' purchased by HM Queen Mary (1867-1953) from the antique dealer Mrs Shann at Harrogate, circa 1925 and by gift to her daughter HRH The Princess Mary, Princess Royal, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965) and by descent at Harewood House, Yorkshire.
You May Also Like