Maker’s mark of A.E. Jones
Retailed by the Goldsmith & Silversmith Co. Ltd.
Diameter: 30.5 cm, 12 in.
Weight: 1,020 g, 32 oz 15 dwt
Register / login as a Koopman Rare Art Member HERE to reveal additional information and prices
The firm was established in 1880 by William Gibson (d. 1913) and John Lawrence Langman (1846-1928). The firm was active at 112 Regent Street, London acquiring the premises previously used by John Joseph Mechi. In 1893 the firm absorbed The Goldsmiths' Alliance Ltd (late A.B. Savory & Sons) and in 1898 became the Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd being active as jewellers, dealers in diamonds and precious stones, silversmiths, electroplaters and watch and clock makers. In 1952 Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd was amalgamated with Garrard & Co Ltd. The firm participated in a number of national and international exhibitions, such as the Indian and Colonial Exhibition (London, 1886), Paris (1889), Chicago (1893), California (1894), Paris (1900) and Franco-British Exhibition (London, 1908). The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co was active with manufactories at Newcastle Place, Clerkenwell; Regent Works, Sheffield and Rue St George, Paris and as retailer of items supplied by various British gold and silver manufacturers (Martin Hall & Co Ltd, W&G Sissons, Wakely & Wheeler, William Comyns, Harrison Brothers & Howson, etc.) CHRONOLOGY The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co - 1880 - 1898 The Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd - from 1898 amalgamated with Garrard & Co - 1952Description
The lobed dish raised and hammered with a plenished finish. The central finial decorated with cast fruit.
You may also like
Maison Odiot ( - Paris ) A Large French Silver-Gilt Centrepiece
Gustave Keller ( - ) A French Art Deco Tea & Coffee Set
Omar Ramsden (1873 - 1939) A Cup & Cover with a Knight Finial
Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd ( - ) A Pair of Five-Light Silver Candelabra from the Painted Hall at Greenwich
( - ) A Pair of South American Oxen
Anthony Hawksley ( - ) A Pair of Modern Candelabra