Aldwinkle & Slater
Silversmith Henry Holland established the company in 1838. In 1880 Henry Holland senior retired and a new mark was entered by John Aldwinckle and James Slater establishing the firm ‘Holland, Son & Slater’. In 1883, Henry Holland junior also retired and the firm renamed itself Aldwinckle & Slater. The firm was run by John Aldwinckle, James Slater, Alfred Thomas Slater and Walter Brindley Slater. The company continued to operate under its own name until 1932.