Jean E. Puiforcat

The house was first founded by Jean-Baptiste Fuchs in 1820 in the Marais quarter in Paris. Emile Puiforcat, Jean-Baptiste Fuchs’ cousin patented the house hallmark in 1857 bearing his initials EP.In 1902 the management of the company passes to husband of Laure Puiforcat, Louis-Victor Tabouret. Tabouret's son Jean Puiforcat begins to collaborate on new Puiforcat collections, Between 1925-1931 he introduces the flat surface and straight line in silverware. Later in his career is moved towards softer lines. Jean Puiforcat passes away in 1945.In 1955 Louis-Victor Puiforcat dies. The shipbuilder Stavros Niarchos acquires the classic silver collection which he bequeaths to the Louvre Museum on condition of usufruct rights. In 1993 Puiforcat joins the Hermès Group.