The House of Boucheron is a French family dynasty founded by Frederic Boucheron in 1858, with the opening of his first store in the Galerie de Valois, at Palais-Royal, during the heyday of the Second French Empire. He created his atelier in 1866 and a year later won the Gold Medal during the Exposition Universelle (1867). In 1893, Frédéric Boucheron became the first jeweller to move to Place Vendôme. Legend has it that he chose 26 Place Vendôme, where Boucheron remains to this day, because it was the sunniest corner of the square] He believed that the diamonds in the windows would sparkle all the more brilliantly. In 1893, Boucheron opened a store in Moscow, later transferred to Saint Petersburg in 1911. In 1903 a store in London and an office in New York. More store openings followed in Japan in 1973, Shanghai, Dubai in 2005, and finally Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur in 2006. Boucheron was a family business; after the death of its founder Frédéric Boucheron in 1902, his descendants took over the business. In 1994, the family business shifted to a more global approach with its selling out to Schweizerhall. The House of Boucheron was then acquired by former Gucci Group in 2000, which was bought by PPR in 2004. Pierre Bouissou was appointed CEO in April 2011 and was replaced by Helene Poulit-Duquesne in July 2015. The Royal Years In 1878, the Russian Prince Felix Youssoupoff purchased a corsage decorated with 6 detachable diamond bows during one of his visits to Paris. In 1921, Boucheron was commissioned to make a tiara for Lady Greville which was later given to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. Her grandson Prince Charles passed the tiara on to his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. Queen Elizabeth II also has a collection of Boucheron jewels. In 1928, the Maharaja of Patiala asked Boucheron to set the stones of his treasure, which were brought to the Place Vendôme boutique by the prince. In addition to Czar Alexander III, royal patrons of Boucheron have included Maharajah Sir Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, Riza Shah Pahlevi, Queen Farida of Egypt and Queen Rania of Jordan. Collections One of the first lines created was the symbolic snake line in the 1970s. Solange Azagury-Partridge was appointed Creative Director in 2001, she held the position for three years. 2002 saw the launch of the "Beauté Dangereuse" and "Cinna Pampilles" collections, "Not Bourgeois" launched the following year. In 2004, the "Jaipur" High Jewellery line and the "Déchaînée" collection are launched. 2005 is a very creative year for the House of Boucheron : the "Trouble", "Quatre", "Diablotine", "Vingt-Six" and "Trouble Désir" jewellery lines are launched. In 2006 "Exquises Confidences" is launched, and a year later "Fleurs Fatales" high jewellery collection makes its debut. In 2010, Boucheron unveiled a colorful jewellery range to enhance its "Cinna Pampilles" collection. In 2011, the "Cabinet of Curiosities" line was launched.