( 1884 )
The Angell family was one of the largest and most important silver and jewellery manufacturers and retailers in mid nineteenth century London. He entered his first mark along with his brother John Charles Angell in 1840 – both sons of John Angell – and obtained freedom by patrimony in 1842. George continued the business after the death of his brother John in 1850, changing the company name from Angell & Co. to George Angell & Co. (1852-1860). He participated in the 1851 Great Exhibition, exhibiting a large ‘Etruscan style’ vase and other silverware. After his death in 1884, the firm was taken over by Frederick Courthope who continued to trade under the same name until 1889.