navigation Browse Blog

koopman rare art

 
 

F Barbedienne

The F. Barbedienne foundry was started in Paris in 1838 by Ferdinand Barbedienne and Achille Collas. Achille Collas died in 1859 leaving Ferdinand Barbedienne as the sole owner of the foundry which by that time had grown to employ over 300 workers at their workshop located at 63 Rue de Lancry in Paris. Ferdinand Barbedienne was made the President of the Reunion of Bronze Makers in 1865 a post he held until 1885. The foundry continued under the stewardship of M. Leblanc until 1952.