close

Boucheron

A ruby and diamond double clip brooch, circa 1945

Boucheron

A ruby and diamond double clip brooch, circa 1945

Composed of two elongated heart-shaped leaves, set with calibré-cut rubies surrounding marquise-cut diamond centres and baguette-cut diamond stems, one clip and the brooch fitting set with a single ruby on the reverse, signed Boucheron, numbered 2335, length as a brooch 4.5cm, cased by Boucheron.

Fréderic Boucheron (1830-1902) opened his first jewellery store in 1858 in the gallery Valois in the Palais Royal in Paris, and in 1866, his own workshop, employing talented silversmiths such as Charles Glachant. In 1867, Paul Legrand (1840-1910) joins the firm as workshop manager. The new pieces created by this duo admired at the Paris 1867 Exposition Universelle, earned Boucheron a Gold medal.





The innovative spirit of the firm was from then on rewarded at the following Expositions Universelles, especially the 1878 when the Jury awarded Boucheron a Grand Prix for the Japonist style pieces.

You May Also Like

A diamond and sapphire brooch

A diamond double clip brooch, circa 1930

A gold, diamond and citrine flower brooch

Cartier

An early 20th century butterfly brooch circa 1910

Boucheron